Validating office pro 2010 after reinstall RRS feed

• Question

• Purchased Office pro 2010 over the internet. Received Iso image and key. Installed on Dell XP laptop. Office worked fine. Laptop crashed. Lost almost everything. Purchased HP laptop with Office 2007 student trial(I think) trial ran out. uninstalled it. Installed 2010 and used key from last time (Dell laptop XP) installed fine. When tried to use it wants to validate. It fails and sends me to a wwwDNS.microsoft link(or close to that) that does NOT exist. I try to reactivate by phone it asks me for all the numbers and it says my software MAY be counterfeit (it is NOT, I used it before)and it sends me to a genuine advantage page. Is there a way to tell microsoft that the old Dell died and I can install this software in this HP?
    Wednesday, December 8, 2010 10:42 PM

Answers

All replies

• Exactly from whom did you purchase this copy of Microsoft Office 2010 from?
    Carey Frisch
    Thursday, December 9, 2010 2:35 AM
  • Actually it was the person that I am trying to help. They got it from the internet someplace. I think they payed through pay-pal. it was a software site. Why do you ask? it was a good download, and the program was working perfectly if it had not been for the misfortune of the Dell laptop crashing. They DID NOT obtain the software illegally, in fact, they can produce the receipt if MS asks them to. However NO ONE has tell us HOW to proceed.
    Saturday, December 11, 2010 12:28 AM
  • Contact  Microsoft Office 2010 Support for assistance.
    Carey Frisch
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Friday, December 17, 2010 10:37 PM
    Saturday, December 11, 2010 12:32 AM