Validating a key purchased on ebay RRS feed

• Question

• I purchased a Windows 7 Ultimate key on ebay. Entered it in the Anytime Upgrade box, it accecpted it & it upgraded my computer to Ulitimate. I then validated it & now shows as genuine. Checked a fews times it everything shows up a genuine. I just want to be sure it won't be invalidated sometime in the future, before I can dispute it with Paypal.
    Monday, February 15, 2010 10:17 PM

Answers

• Unfortunately, the vast majority of Windows 7 product keys sold on eBay come from unscrupulous Microsoft MSDN subscribers that are sellling product keys illegally.  They may be genuine for a short period of time but there is no quarantee they will be genuine in the future.  It would be in your best interest to request a refund from the eBay seller, then purchase a genuine packaged Windows 7 edition from your favorite store that sells computer software.

More info: MSDN Subscription Software Use Rights

Carey Frisch
    Tuesday, February 16, 2010 1:53 PM

All replies

• Unfortunately, the vast majority of Windows 7 product keys sold on eBay come from unscrupulous Microsoft MSDN subscribers that are sellling product keys illegally.  They may be genuine for a short period of time but there is no quarantee they will be genuine in the future.  It would be in your best interest to request a refund from the eBay seller, then purchase a genuine packaged Windows 7 edition from your favorite store that sells computer software.

More info: MSDN Subscription Software Use Rights

Carey Frisch
    Tuesday, February 16, 2010 1:53 PM
  • Stand by for this key to become non-genuine.  Microsoft has discovered these illegal PK sales and is starting to turn these keys off.  Try to go to ebay now, but good luck.  Always buy from a reputable MS Partner and avoid this inconvenience.
    Monday, March 22, 2010 1:19 AM
  • This key WILL be blacklisted. That key was probably sold and activated to several other people.

See this sticky for more information http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/genuinewindows7/thread/a2444f34-0aff-4f29-a8ac-67e28b0c0285

Saturday, May 8, 2010 1:26 AM