none
The scheduler was unable to commit a transaction RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    please can you explain me why in the event viewer (log name: Microsoft-HPC-Scheduler/Operational) I found these errors (3 events at the same time) ? Thank you very much

event 1 :

An unexpected exception occurred. For more information about this exception, see the Details tab.

Additional data:

Expected to update 1 rows, but actually updated 0, for SQL command:

SET NOCOUNT ON;

SET NOCOUNT OFF;

SET NOCOUNT OFF;

UPDATE Job SET

ChangeTime = @Param0,RequiredNodes = @Param1,TaskLevelUpdateTime = @Param2,MinMaxUpdateTime = @Param3,ComputedMinCores = @Param4,ComputedMaxCores = @Param5

WHERE ID = 755 AND timestamp <= 0x000000000009A26D

SET NOCOUNT ON;

event 2:

The scheduler was unable to commit a transaction.

event 3:

The operation could not be completed because the affected object is already in use by the scheduler. Please try again later.

Monday, October 3, 2011 9:34 AM

All replies

• Any idea about this error ? I always find 2-3 alerts in the event viewer each day...
    Thank you very much
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 8:37 AM
  • Hi,

This error is expected to occur in some situations and should be treated as a warning. Actually in next version of Windows HPC Server it will be marked as a warning is the event log. Scheduler will retry the failed transaction automatically.

Regards,
    Łukasz

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 6:57 PM
  • Thank you very much. So I can ignore these errors.
    Wednesday, October 19, 2011 1:44 PM
  • Hi ,

Could you please let us know in which version of Windows HPC Server this error would be marked as warning.

I am getting the following error

----Error 1

An unexpected exception occurred. For more information about this exception, see the Details tab. 

Additional data:
     Expected to update 1 rows, but actually updated 0, for SQL command:
    SET NOCOUNT ON;
    DECLARE @ProjectId INT
    SELECT @ProjectId=Id
    FROM JobProjectName
    WHERE NAME=@sl_1006
    IF (@ProjectId is NULL)
    BEGIN
        INSERT INTO JobProjectName
        (NAME) VALUES (@sl_1006)
        SELECT @ProjectId=@@IDENTITY
    END

SET NOCOUNT OFF;
    SET NOCOUNT OFF;
    UPDATE Job SET
    ChangeTime = @Param0,MinCores = @Param1,MinSockets = @Param2,MaxSockets = @Param3,MinNodes = @Param4,MaxNodes = @Param5,RunUntilCancelled = @Param6,IsExclusive = @Param7,State = @Param8,PrevState = @Param9,ProjectId = @ProjectId,NodeGroup = @Param11,RequiredNodes = @Param12,TaskLevelUpdateTime = @Param13,MinMaxUpdateTime = @Param14,ComputedMinCores = @Param15,ComputedMaxCores = @Param16,PendingReason = @Param17,AutoCalcMin = @Param18,FailOnTaskFailure = @Param19,ExpandedPriority = @Param20,HasNodePrepTask = @Param21,HasNodeReleaseTask = @Param22,HasServiceTask = @Param23,ProfileMinResources = @Param24
    WHERE ID = 18474203 AND timestamp <= 0x0000000046F65DDA
    SET NOCOUNT ON;

----Error 2

The scheduler was unable to commit a transaction.

regards,

Mathew

• Edited by m298 Tuesday, October 6, 2015 3:58 PM submitting with error
    Tuesday, October 6, 2015 3:34 PM
  • What version are you using?

Qiufang Shi

Thursday, October 8, 2015 9:48 AM
  • Hi,

I am using HPC Pack 2012 R2 on Windows 2016. I am getting the same error marked as Error and not Warning. OP asked this question in 2011 and the issue is still there.

Could you please clarify if this issue was indeed fixed? If so, what version is the fix available?

Thanks,

ManiMJ

• Edited by ManiMJ Tuesday, June 18, 2019 10:29 AM
    Tuesday, June 18, 2019 10:28 AM