CRM Diagnostics RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I get this message, when I run the diagnosic tool
    The Web address (URL) specified for the installation (http://exampleserver/mycompany) is not responding. Diagnostic tests that require connectivity will not be run. Verify the specified Web service address and check for connectivity. If necessary, rerun the CRM Configuration Wizard. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request) at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadData(Uri address) at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadData(String address) at Microsoft.Crm.Outlook.Diagnostics.ApplicationEndpointDiagnosticCheck.Execute(BackgroundWorker backgroundWorker) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Microsoft.Crm.Outlook.Diagnostics.ApplicationEndpointDiagnosticCheck.Execute(BackgroundWorker backgroundWorker) at Microsoft.Crm.Outlook.Diagnostics.DiagnosticCheck.DeepExecute(BackgroundWorker backgroundWorker)

In addition to that, when I try to install Rollup 9 for outlook with offline access, the installation routine is succesful. But when I have look at "About Microsoft Dynamics CRM", the server get the version of Rollup 9 (2644) and Outlook still 2138.
    This problems appear since I have installed Rollup 9 for server.

Can anyone give me an advice?
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 8:13 AM

Answers

• I wouldn't be overly concerned about not seeing the expected version in Outlook, see this post for more information about where to look for versioning.

It appears that the CRM Outlook Client is not authenticating.  Are you able to open CRM from a Web browser on the machine?
    Best Regards | Twitter: edwardsdna
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 3:53 PM