Do I need to update to the Sunset Edition RRS feed

• Question

• I have used Money 2006 happily for 4 years.  Is there any reason that I need to update to the Sunset edition - I prefer not doing anything that is not necessary.

About a week ago when I logged in to M2006, I started getting a pop-up saying that the Money could not verify my login information.  I clicked OK and all has been OK.  What is this about?

I haven't disabled the WLID yet.  Is there any potential problem if I don't do this - again I don't want to do anything that is not necessary.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011 1:24 AM

All replies

• There may be no big reason to change to Sunset now. There are improvements that can help deal with less common investment situations. It handles spinoffs better. It lets you change investment types in more cases. If direct downloads still work for you, it may be advantageous to keep your Money 2006.  You do want to download and keep the Sunset installation program in case you later have a problem reinstalling.

Regarding the WLID, you could continue as you are doing if the logging in offline thing is to your liking. What is your motivation for keeping it?

Wednesday, February 2, 2011 2:17 AM