Unable to publish workflow after installing Roll Up 3 RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings,

I have  installed rollup3 and now I am not able to publish workflow.

I have tried to debug it and found that whenever I add step for creating some record of other  entity on record creation of entity(on which I have written workflow), the workflow doesnt get published and even no other workflow works.

Please help me out asap.

Its really urgent for me.

Thanks & Regards,
    Bhavika Patel

Thanks in advance.
    -Bhavika Patel

Thursday, April 23, 2009 1:47 PM

Answers

• Try this!

If you have installed the Microsoft CRM Update Rollup 1 or Update Rollup 2, you might experience an error where you cannot publish a workflow rule anymore. According to Microsoft this might happen if you modified the web.config file in your deployment:

If you have modified the Microsoft CRM website web.config file, then you need to manually open the Microsoft CRM Web site web.config file in an editor like Notepad and add the following section to it in order to continue being able to publish workflows:

In the section <authorizedTypes>

…multiple lines here

<authorizedType Assembly="mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089"  Namespace="System.Globalization" TypeName="CultureInfo" Authorized="True"/>

</authorizedTypes>

Microsoft said they are looking at modifying the install notes to include this warning and/or revising the Update Rollup 2 installation files.

Tiaan van Niekerk http://crmdelacreme.blogspot.com Skype:tiaan.van.niekerk1
    Friday, April 24, 2009 3:49 AM

All replies

• This is a known issue with Rollup 2, which is included in Rollup 3.  Review the Known Issues section of the Rollup 2 kb article for the fix: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/959419

Thursday, April 23, 2009 5:59 PM
  • Try this!

If you have installed the Microsoft CRM Update Rollup 1 or Update Rollup 2, you might experience an error where you cannot publish a workflow rule anymore. According to Microsoft this might happen if you modified the web.config file in your deployment:

If you have modified the Microsoft CRM website web.config file, then you need to manually open the Microsoft CRM Web site web.config file in an editor like Notepad and add the following section to it in order to continue being able to publish workflows:

…multiple lines here

<authorizedType Assembly="mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089"  Namespace="System.Globalization" TypeName="CultureInfo" Authorized="True"/>

</authorizedTypes>

Microsoft said they are looking at modifying the install notes to include this warning and/or revising the Update Rollup 2 installation files.

Tiaan van Niekerk http://crmdelacreme.blogspot.com Skype:tiaan.van.niekerk1
    Friday, April 24, 2009 3:49 AM
  • Hi Bhavika,

I have found and corrected the issue. On the website for the CRM I have the IP address of the only network card listed. Apparently SQL makes reference to the local host (127.0.0.1). I had to add this local host address to the website and now the system jobs process and complete correctly, including imports.

Regards,
    Rajsekhar.

Friday, April 24, 2009 4:23 AM
  • Hello,

I was able to publish my workflows by writing following lines in web.config,

…multiple lines here

</authorizedTypes>

but now none of these workflows are being triggered.

All these workflows needs to be triggered automatically when a record for Opportunity is been created. But no win.

I tried making sample workflow on creation of opportunity record, but that
    also is not working.

Rajsekhar: Where should I add local host address on the website?

Please help me out.

Thanks and regards,
    Bhavika patel
    Friday, April 24, 2009 5:33 AM