Contract Template customization RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all !

I need to customize the contract template entity to add a "Total Price" attribute of type money.

As usual, the entity is not customizable... So i've tried two turnarounds :

First attempt : I've exported the customizations and added the new attribute in the XML, then, tried to import it. I had an error during import, saying that "name prefix" was not correct. I've tried to add "new_" as a prefix, but i had another error (An error as occured, please contact...) while importing, so, i figured out that i wasn't on the right way.

Second attempt : I've updated the MetaDataSchema.entity table, setting "iscustomizable" to 1 for the contract template entity. Then the web app displayed the customization options, but, when i've tried to save my changes, i had an error. Then i turned the iscustomizable back to "0" and i thought: "you must be on the wrong way again, Eugene"...

Is there any way to add an attribute to this contract template entity ?

How can I set a price for my contract related to the choosen contract template without hardcoding the relation between the two things ?

Thanks in advance !

EuG

Thursday, April 8, 2010 9:57 AM

Answers

• Ok, here are the news !

I've found a way to have my stuff done without hardcoding too much...

I've created a new entity i've called "Contract Type", wich has a contract template attribute (N-1 relation).

Contract Type as the Price, the Level (with my own level names :-) ) and other needed info

In the contract, i've added a N-1 relation on Contrat Type.

In the Contract Form, i've set the Contract Template in readonly and i set its value when selecting the Contract Type.

I can give more details on demand...

EuG

• Marked as answer by EugeneMoulin Thursday, April 8, 2010 2:15 PM
    Thursday, April 8, 2010 2:15 PM

All replies

• Ok.

I've read things on the web relating to this issue... It seems that this entity is part of the "uncustomizables" ones...

I'll try to find a workaround at the contract level.

But, anyway, does anybody knows the real reason why this entity is so locked ?

EuG

Thursday, April 8, 2010 12:02 PM
  • Ok, here are the news !

I've found a way to have my stuff done without hardcoding too much...

I've created a new entity i've called "Contract Type", wich has a contract template attribute (N-1 relation).

Contract Type as the Price, the Level (with my own level names :-) ) and other needed info

In the contract, i've added a N-1 relation on Contrat Type.

In the Contract Form, i've set the Contract Template in readonly and i set its value when selecting the Contract Type.

I can give more details on demand...

EuG

Thursday, April 8, 2010 2:15 PM
  • Hello Eugene, please provide more details, I'm facing the same problem
    Thursday, December 1, 2011 3:03 PM