Add-ins RRS feed

• Question

• Where do I get Add-ins and what are they for?
    Friday, February 6, 2009 8:57 PM

Answers

• Some add-ins are published by software vendors, such as AV vendors, home automation vendors, etc. Some are published by enthusiasts. You typically obtain them by downloading them. You can find out about some (mostly community-based) add-ins in the Developer forum here, or there's a list on the We Got Served WHS blog/portal site.

As for what they're for, well, all sorts of things. :) You might want to look at the Microsoft Windows Home Server microsite, in particular the Help and Support page. There's a lot of documentation available there, and some of it discusses add-ins.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, February 6, 2009 9:24 PM

All replies

• Some add-ins are published by software vendors, such as AV vendors, home automation vendors, etc. Some are published by enthusiasts. You typically obtain them by downloading them. You can find out about some (mostly community-based) add-ins in the Developer forum here, or there's a list on the We Got Served WHS blog/portal site.

As for what they're for, well, all sorts of things. :) You might want to look at the Microsoft Windows Home Server microsite, in particular the Help and Support page. There's a lot of documentation available there, and some of it discusses add-ins.

Friday, February 6, 2009 9:24 PM
  • dsosb said:

Where do I get Add-ins and what are they for?

In addition to what Ken said, there is a website just for WHS add-ins called, ironically enough, www.whsaddins.com. ;)
    Friday, February 6, 2009 9:39 PM
  • Kariya21, did you notice when that database was last updated? The We Got Served list is kept up-to-date...
    Saturday, February 7, 2009 4:17 AM
  • Ken Warren said:

Kariya21, did you notice when that database was last updated? The We Got Served list is kept up-to-date...

Oops!  No, I didn't look.  Guess I gotta scratch that website off my list. ;)
    Saturday, February 7, 2009 7:21 AM