Exchange Rate calculation for updated Trasanction Currency RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way where i could calculate exchange rate between transaction currencies which is updated and is present on the CRM form?

For instance,

I have currency, Expected deal Value fields on Lead form which has INR and INR 2500 values respectively. Now, I want to update the Currency field on the lead form with the Currency set on the Account form which has "USD" as selected Currency. CRM allows updating the lead currency with that of Account currency  but the money field "Expected deal Value" doesn't not get converted with the exchanged rate value as exchange rates are not applied for transaction currency and still shows INR 2500 unless we refresh the CRM form.

Is there a way where we can apply exchange rates for the Expected deal value field and convert 2500INR in terms of the updated currency from the Account i.e USD?

Monday, February 2, 2015 11:55 AM

Answers

• There is no out of the box method of doing this - you will need to create a plugin that does the calculation using the current exchange rates.

Hope this helps,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Monday, February 2, 2015 8:01 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• There is no out of the box method of doing this - you will need to create a plugin that does the calculation using the current exchange rates.

Hope this helps,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Monday, February 2, 2015 8:01 PM
    Answerer
  • Thank you Scott, however we are looking for OOB method and is there any other way to achieve the same instead of using a plugin?

Chaitanya N

Tuesday, February 3, 2015 2:14 PM