Mail merge issue RRS feed

• Question

• CRM 4.0 Server has Update Roll-up 12 installed. I use CRM Web client on my laptop that is in a different domain and running Win 7 / IE 8 / Word 2007. When the Mail merge document is opened from CRM Web Client, it doesn’t have the CRM button (Add-in). The Macros are enabled in Word 2007 and the CRM URL has been added as a trusted site as well.

Is there any other setting that I’m missing??

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 5:37 AM

All replies

• When you say the laptop is in a different domain, do you then authenticate to access CRM?

The other thing worth bearing in mind is that mail merging in CRM is always better and more reliable from Outlook. Is this an option?

Rob

www.crmconsult.info Twitter:robertpeledie
    Wednesday, November 24, 2010 9:26 AM
  • Thanks for the reply Rob.

I provide the CRM AD credentials to authenticate to CRM.

customer doesnt want the Outlook client. Mail merge is a business requirement and workarounds (reports / workflows) are also not an option for us.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 11:07 AM
  • Hi

I have just tested it on my laptop and it works ok (My laptop isn't on the domain)

When the user runs it, is Outlook running?

Also look for Addins in the mailing tab

www.crmconsult.info Twitter:robertpeledie
    Wednesday, November 24, 2010 11:36 AM
  • Outlook is running but it is not CRM Outlook client. I've checked all the tabs in Word :(

I'm trying to open the OOB mail merge templates in CRM (word 2003) format in my laptop (word 2007). Do you have any settings on the client or server for this? Also, This is not an IFD scenario

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 12:01 PM
  • Check the users security role - under the Security Role >> Business Management Tab there is an option for "web mail merge". Make sure this is selected
    Wednesday, November 24, 2010 12:45 PM