CRM 4.0 Deployment Errors RRS feed

• Question

• I am having a ____ of a time with this deployment of CRM 4.0.  This is the second time I have had to deploy on the same server and this time I continually receive the following errors:

The "PrivUserGroup" group is not specified.

Setup was unable to verify that SQL Server Agent (SqlAgent$SERVER) was running.
    Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

I have spent many hours researching these errors and everything I read online has either been tried already and if not, when tried, produced the same results.

Can anyone tell me what could be the issue?  I am running two servers, both Win2008 enterprise and SQL 2008 Enterprise.  SQL port is allowed through firewall and you can connect to SQL via Management Studio from other machines so it is definitley fine.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010 3:50 PM

Answers

• I'll assume that the user you are using to log into SQL SMS is the same user running the installation.  

Since this is a install on a machine that already had an installation completed, the issue could be related to something left over in SQL or the program files.  One option, to rule out that issue, is to re-install the OS, if you can.  If not, then go through the machine and remove anything related to CRM.

You can also check the SQL and CRM services and use a Domain Admin account to login into the services temporarily to see if that is the issue.

Are you able to access the Report server?  http://CRMSQLName/ReportServer 

Regards, Donna

Windows Live Blog

• Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Monday, June 14, 2010 7:12 PM
    Wednesday, June 9, 2010 6:08 PM

All replies

• Did you try right-clicking the exe and select Run as Administrator?  At what point is the failure occuring in the installation process?

If the above does not work, then have a look at this post or this post.

Regards, Donna

Windows Live Blog

Wednesday, June 9, 2010 4:15 PM
  • Yes - It is being run as administrator... The problem is when it attempts to connect to the SQL Server.  It cannot establish a connection which there is no explanation for because I can connect to the database via SQL SMS from the same server in which I am attempting to install CRM.

It makes absolutley no sense whatsoever

Wednesday, June 9, 2010 5:34 PM
  • I'll assume that the user you are using to log into SQL SMS is the same user running the installation.  

Since this is a install on a machine that already had an installation completed, the issue could be related to something left over in SQL or the program files.  One option, to rule out that issue, is to re-install the OS, if you can.  If not, then go through the machine and remove anything related to CRM.

You can also check the SQL and CRM services and use a Domain Admin account to login into the services temporarily to see if that is the issue.

Are you able to access the Report server?  http://CRMSQLName/ReportServer 

Regards, Donna

Windows Live Blog

• Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Monday, June 14, 2010 7:12 PM
    Wednesday, June 9, 2010 6:08 PM