none
Upgrade from MCTS .Net fw2.0 web applications to MCPD web applications RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I got MCTS .Net Framework 2.0 web applications Certification in 2009 (exam id 528 and 536).

Now I want to upgrade it to MCPD web applications.

I think first should take exam 70-515 for upgrade my MCTS on Framework 4x and then
    take exam 70-519 for get MCPD web developer 4x. Am I right what is the procedure to do it.

thank you for your helping

Sunday, January 4, 2015 6:31 PM

Answers

All replies

• No, it's not as easy as you think. You can no longer upgrade from the framework 2.x certifications, because these upgrade exams have already been retired.

If you wish to attain the MCPD:Web Developer 4, it is not enough to pass 515 and 519. You also need 513 and 516 (see https://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/visual-studio-certification.aspx ). If you intend to follow this route, be careful to verify the retirement date of these exams; I think that they are scheduled to retire in July 2015.

Alternatively, you could work towards the MCSD: Web Applications (which is based on Framework 4.5). This requires the three exams 480, 486 and 487 (see https://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/mcsd-web-apps-certification.aspx ).

Sunday, January 4, 2015 9:04 PM
  •  Thank you Alberto. I think should start from zero. You right i read some news about 519 retire in july 2015.

Buy the way framework 4.0 web developer certificate name is MCPD but for framework 4.5 is MCSD i guessi am i right?

In this case should i get 4 exams for MCPD but for MCSD 3 exams ?

Last question is, when i want to schedule for exam 480, it gives this "Sorry, we are having a service interruption and are unable to complete your transaction. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact support." Is Microsoft web site has an error.

i asked a lot of questions sorry about that, thank you for your helping and my english :)

• Edited by eup1 Sunday, January 4, 2015 10:17 PM grammer
    Sunday, January 4, 2015 10:09 PM