Bug: redraw glitches for viewer when host stops sharing RRS feed

• Question

• Host stops sharing; viewer is left with a tall narrow window containing an advert, and a mis-drawn title bar:

1. the text is cut off; it says "sharing: UserNa" and then stops

2. the close/minimize buttons are drawn over the top of the truncated text.

This is presumably because the title bar of that window's customdraw so the drawing code just needs tweaking a bit, pass in a clipping rect for the DrawText() call or whatever.
    Thursday, April 19, 2007 8:26 PM

Answers

• "This only happens along with the other issue where if the shared app is close..."

This is a known issue, related to the other issue you mentioned.  In the current preview release, you have to actually press "Stop" to stop sharing; if you close the shared application without stopping, it can cause some small glitches like the ones you saw.  We've fixed these issues in internal builds, and we'll look into improving the overall usability of this area.

Thanks,

-Hans

Friday, April 20, 2007 3:30 PM

All replies

• If you stop sharing, the expected behavior is that the viewer window is supposed to disappear entirely.  This may be fixed in our latest internal versions.  Are you able to reproduce this problem consistently?

Thanks for the tremendous amount of feedback, by the way!

-Hans

Friday, April 20, 2007 12:47 AM
  • This only happens along with the other issue where if the shared app is closed, the viewer doesn't update properly -- if I stop sharing normally, then things work as expected. (sorry, I had a screen capture of this happening, but I lost it)

As for the feedback, no problems -- I had a quick play for half an hour with someone else and while it works very nicely in general, there were some peculiarities I noticed, and this is one of the betas that I can try out in the (sadly, limited these days) amount of time I have for that sort of thing.
    Friday, April 20, 2007 4:42 AM
  • "This only happens along with the other issue where if the shared app is close..."

This is a known issue, related to the other issue you mentioned.  In the current preview release, you have to actually press "Stop" to stop sharing; if you close the shared application without stopping, it can cause some small glitches like the ones you saw.  We've fixed these issues in internal builds, and we'll look into improving the overall usability of this area.

Thanks,

-Hans

Friday, April 20, 2007 3:30 PM