paying for windows 8 and not receiving it RRS feed

• General discussion

• I ORDERED MICROSOFT WINDOWS 8 ON THE 22ND DECEMBER 2012 AS A DOWNLOAD   I TRIED 9 TIMES TO DOWNLOAD IT AND EACH TIME THE WEB SITE CRASHED  HALF WAY THRO THE DOWN LOAD  . I CONTACTED  MICROSOFT    TEAM AND WAS TOLD TO TRY AGAIN AS OTHER DAY      I TRIED  A FURTHER 4 TIMES BUT FAILED  . ALSO I ORDERED A  BACKUP DISK WHEN I PLACED MY ORDER .  ON THE 22ND.  RANG  ON THE  DAY AFTER BOXING DAY I WAS TOLD THE BACKUP DISK WOULD BE SENT OUT EARLY NEW YEAR  SA I SAID  HOLD ON A MO IVE PAYED YOU FOR THE DOWNLOAD AND GOT NOTHING NOW YOU SAY  IVE GOT TO WAIT A FURTHER 12 TO 14 DAYS  BEFORE I GET THE BACK UP DISK  THEY SAID YES .  WAS TOLD TO RING EARLY NEW YEAR  . RANG ON THE 2ND JAN 2013 WAS TOLD BACK UP DISK STILL NOT SENT  SO I SAID TO THEM  TO FOR GET IT I WANT A REFUND   AS THATS TO LONG TO WAIT I WAS TOLD REFUND WOULD TAKE 2  TO 3 WEEKS   TO PROCESS  SO I TOLD THEM  YOU HAVE TAKEN  £39.00P  FROM MY BANK  ON THE 22ND DECEMBER  AND IM TO WAIT TILL THE END OFF JANUARY  FOR IT TO BE RETURNED TO ME  THATS NOT RIGHT  WHY TAKE THE MONEY FROM MY BANK  IN DECEMBER IF YOUR NOT SENDING THE GOODS TILL LATE JANUARY  THEY SAID THATS MICROSOFT RULES ,  I TOLD THEM THATS STEALING AS   TO NOT SEND GOODS   OUT TO ME BUT TO TAKE PAYMENT FROM ME FOR  GOODS I DIDNT GET  THATS STEALING  MY MONEY. ANYWAY NOW I CANT GET MY MONEY TILL  LATER THIS MONTH AND IM DAM WELL ANNOYED   AND IM GOING TO  ASK THE TRADING STANDARDS  IF ITS  RIGHT  AS NOW IM OUT OFF POCKET  39 QUID  AND   NOT GOT THE GOODS THEY HAVE TAKEN PAYMENT FOR . 

AND THE ATTITUDE OFF THERE CUSTOMER SUPPORT  OVER SEAS IS TOTALLY C--P AND THEY COULDNT GIVE  2 HOOTS  THEY WONT LET ME TALK TO A MANAGER  OR SUPERVISOR THEY ARE IGNORANT AN SOME WHAT RUDE  IVE LOST MY COOL A NUMBER OFF TIMES  AS THERE ATTITUDE IS TOTALLY UNESSSESARY.  WHEN ALL THIS IS SORTED OUT ILL BE SELLING MY    MACHINES AND GOING OVER TO APPLE AS MICROSOFT DONT GIVE 2 HOOTS ABOUT THERE CUSTOMERS  AND THEY  TAKE MONEY FROM YOU WITHOUT GIVING YOU THE GOODS THATS NOT RIGHT AND CERTAINLY NOT VERY FAIR IN MY BOOK THATS JUST STEALING   IM GOING TO ASK MY BANK TO SORT IT OUT AS IM TOTALLY UNHAPPY AND ANNOYED MICROSOFT CAN DO WHAT THEY DONE TO ME AND GET AWAY WITH IT   

Monday, January 7, 2013 11:31 PM

All replies

• You'll find that Trading Standards won't be interested - vendors are allowed up to 28 days in common law to deliver the goods unless the contract specifies otherwise.

Since you apparently cancelled the contract without first checking the cancellation terms, it becomes your problem, not Trading Standards'.

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth

Tuesday, January 8, 2013 10:41 AM