Same issue, I think "Moon Secure AntiVirus" caused Windows to start alerting RRS feed

• Question

• I just started getting this error today. I installed "Moon Secure AntiVirus" on Friday, which was the last application I Installed on new pc.

I can reboot, and manually run windows updates. Then a little while later the nag message pops up. I find it rather annoying, considering it pops up randomly while I'm working.

I have a new toshiba laptop, with Vista Home... Yeah, now I'm really bcoming annoyed. I cannot get to my control panel to provide more details because windows won't allow access.

Sunday, January 27, 2008 4:36 AM

Answers

• Moon Secure AntiVirus is not compatible with Vista.  Why did you even install it?  Next time, use a quality product such as Windows OneCare: http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/default.htm

To fix your issue, please try the below steps:

(If you access to the start button)

1) Click the Start button

2) Type: cmd in the Start Search field

3) At the top the Start window, you will see cmd.exe

4) Right Click cmd.exe and select Run as Administrator

5) Type: cscript %windir%\System32\slmgr.vbs /ilc %windir%\System32\licensing\ppdlic\Security-Licensing-SLC-ppdlic.xrm-ms

6) Hit the Enter key

7) Reboot 2 times

(If you Do Not access to the start button)

1) Click the option Access computer with reduced functionality

2) A Browser will open, type: %windir%\system32 into the address field

3) Find the file cmd.exe

4) Right Click on the cmd.exe and select Run as Administrator

5) Type: cscript %windir%\System32\slmgr.vbs /ilc %windir%\System32\licensing\ppdlic\Security-Licensing-SLC-ppdlic.xrm-ms

6) Hit the Enter key

7) Reboot 2 times

Please tell me if this resolves your issue.

Sunday, January 27, 2008 9:06 AM
  • Thanks for the quick reply. I uninstalled, before you replied, and the problem is gone.

Good or bad software, Windows giving a Genuine Advantage error and locking down the OS is not what I would expect and came as a bit of a surprise.

Best Regards,

Daboo

Monday, January 28, 2008 2:47 AM

All replies

• Moon Secure AntiVirus is not compatible with Vista.  Why did you even install it?  Next time, use a quality product such as Windows OneCare: http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/default.htm

To fix your issue, please try the below steps:

(If you access to the start button)

1) Click the Start button

2) Type: cmd in the Start Search field

3) At the top the Start window, you will see cmd.exe

4) Right Click cmd.exe and select Run as Administrator

6) Hit the Enter key

7) Reboot 2 times

(If you Do Not access to the start button)

1) Click the option Access computer with reduced functionality

2) A Browser will open, type: %windir%\system32 into the address field

3) Find the file cmd.exe

4) Right Click on the cmd.exe and select Run as Administrator

6) Hit the Enter key

7) Reboot 2 times

Please tell me if this resolves your issue.

Sunday, January 27, 2008 9:06 AM
  • Thanks for the quick reply. I uninstalled, before you replied, and the problem is gone.

Good or bad software, Windows giving a Genuine Advantage error and locking down the OS is not what I would expect and came as a bit of a surprise.

Best Regards,

Daboo

Monday, January 28, 2008 2:47 AM
  • I think "Carey Frisch" would be more accurate to say, "Vista is not even compatible with Windows software. Why did you even bother to purchase it?"

Monday, March 31, 2008 6:37 PM
  •  imajeff wrote:
    I think "Carey Frisch" would be more accurate to say, "Vista is not even compatible with Windows software. Why did you even bother to purchase it?"

True. Bring XP back, Microsoft! Keep Vista and sell XP. Quick money all the vista users would burn their copy's and buy XP!
    Thursday, June 26, 2008 8:48 PM