none
Cannot join a compute node to the domain during deployment

Question

• I'm trying to restart a node already in the cluster. Before starting the installation I get the following message related to DC in the deployment log:

Found an existing account in Active Directory: CN06

But after installing and rebooting for the first time I get the following:

Exit code 1355: The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted

I have no direct access to the DC.

Would help if I ask the administrator to completely remove the account for CN06 from the DC?

Do I need specific domain rights to reinstall a node?

Thanks in advance

Tuesday, February 08, 2011 3:20 PM

All replies

• You need to check a number of things...

1) Does the Machine (CN06) already exist in your directory... it looks like it does from the information above. 

So then the next question

2) does the account you are using for your deployment credentials have permission to edit that Active Directory entry.  In some cases the machine that joined it to the domain already has to be the same account to be used for the deployment - it all depends on the permissions.

3) What Network Topology are you using?  If you are using topology 1 (compute nodes on a private network) then you need to make sure that they can talk to the Domain Controller (check your network settings, group policy, and make sure NAT is configured properly).

Hopefully looking at these questions will help get you started.

• Proposed as answer by Mark Staveley Friday, April 22, 2011 6:18 PM
    Thursday, February 10, 2011 3:07 AM
  • Just following up - are you still having issues?

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 8:38 PM
  • Could you please include a copy of your cluster networking configuration - there may be something relevant in there also.

Thanks,

Mark

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 4:00 PM
  • Mark,

I am having an issue that is similar,

Can you please advise

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/windowshpcitpros/thread/3d50145e-5f3f-4226-ba26-7e6c3b7a7f40

Monday, July 11, 2011 10:00 AM