And now reports do not work....this is so much fun :) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,
    Now since doing the IFD tool on my deployment; the reports are not working:

Error Description:

The permissions granted to user 'NT AUTHORITY\IUSR' are insufficient for performing this operation. (rsAccessDenied)

Error Details:

The permissions granted to user 'NT AUTHORITY\IUSR' are insufficient for performing this operation. (rsAccessDenied)

Does anyone have the 2 second resolution to this one?

I'm drowning here...thanks in advance.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009 2:36 AM

Answers

• Hi,

to use the Reporting Services in an IFD deploymend you must install the reporting service connector from CRM. Without the connector, you can't use the reports with IFD.
    Viele Grüße

Michael Sulz
    axcentro GmbH
    MVP für Microsoft Dynamics CRM
    • Marked as answer by rd_bigdog Wednesday, September 30, 2009 1:20 PM
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 6:12 AM
  • We can also explain that when using CRM with OnPremise authentication mode, user credentials are used to communicate with reporting services, but when using IFD, it is the IUSER account (due to anonymous web site access).

Like said Michael, install the SRS connector on your reporting services front server.

My blog : http://mscrmtools.blogspot.com You will find: Form Javascript Manager (export/import javascript from forms) ISV.Config Manager (graphical ISV.config edition - export/import) View Layout replicator (customize one view and replicate to others) And others (use tool tag on my blog)
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 6:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

to use the Reporting Services in an IFD deploymend you must install the reporting service connector from CRM. Without the connector, you can't use the reports with IFD.
    Viele Grüße

Michael Sulz
    axcentro GmbH
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 6:12 AM
  • We can also explain that when using CRM with OnPremise authentication mode, user credentials are used to communicate with reporting services, but when using IFD, it is the IUSER account (due to anonymous web site access).

Like said Michael, install the SRS connector on your reporting services front server.

My blog : http://mscrmtools.blogspot.com You will find: Form Javascript Manager (export/import javascript from forms) ISV.Config Manager (graphical ISV.config edition - export/import) View Layout replicator (customize one view and replicate to others) And others (use tool tag on my blog)
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 6:55 AM
  • Thanks very much guys!! You saved me a bunch of digging.
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 1:20 PM
  • What does that mean "from CRM"?  Don't you need the connector in all instances, IFD or not?
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 2:38 PM
  • Hi,

if the CRM and the SQL are on the same physical server, then there is no need for the connector in an OnPremise Deployment
    Viele Grüße

Michael Sulz
    axcentro GmbH
    Wednesday, September 30, 2009 2:52 PM
  • My scenerio was that I orginally deployed as an on-premise. I never installed the SRS connector.
    I ran the IFD tool to create the IFD scenario in addition to my on-premise. Reports stopped working.
    I installed the SRS connector. Reports started working again.

I have a single server deployment.

Thanks again! It likely would have taken me a while to find the solution.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009 8:28 PM
  • I have the same problem, then I installed the SRS connector, but now CRM shows error.
    I can see the menu but in the middle frame shows me "error", contact your system administrator or support online

perhaps you who went through this can help me

Wednesday, August 4, 2010 3:50 PM