none
70-486 exam name not updated RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I just passed 70-486 yesterday and I would like to confirm the exam name shown in my transcript.

As I understand from this site, it states that the exam uses MVC 5 and Visual Studio 2013 technology starting from April 30, 2014. I just passed 70-486 on June 9, 2014, so I should get "Developing ASP.NET MVC 5 Web Applications" in my transcript. But I got "Developing ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications" in my transcript. There must be a mistake here. Can anybody confirm this?

Or the exam update has been cancelled? Because in the exam I've just passed yesterday, some of the questions still states Visual Studio 2012 not Visual Studio 2013.

Thanks.

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 5:07 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Microsoft was scheduled to start adding new content to the exams at the end of April. This includes Visual Studio 2013, Azure and MVC 5. Please note that Microsoft often seeds in a few new items to each live exam. Once they have sufficient testing history for a question and have determined that the question performs well statistically, they will start scoring a question.

You took the exam during the transition period, when new questions are still being tested along with the existing questions. That is why you are still seeing some Visual Studio 2012 questions.

Congratulations on passing the exam. It is a fair but challenging exam!

Mike Corkery, MCT, MVP (Office Systems), MCSD (Windows Store Apps), MCSD (Web Apps), MCITP, MCPD, MSF, etc. Please do not forget to click “Vote as Helpful” if any post helps you and "Mark as Answer”if it solves the issue.

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 1:24 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Microsoft was scheduled to start adding new content to the exams at the end of April. This includes Visual Studio 2013, Azure and MVC 5. Please note that Microsoft often seeds in a few new items to each live exam. Once they have sufficient testing history for a question and have determined that the question performs well statistically, they will start scoring a question.

You took the exam during the transition period, when new questions are still being tested along with the existing questions. That is why you are still seeing some Visual Studio 2012 questions.

Congratulations on passing the exam. It is a fair but challenging exam!

Mike Corkery, MCT, MVP (Office Systems), MCSD (Windows Store Apps), MCSD (Web Apps), MCITP, MCPD, MSF, etc. Please do not forget to click “Vote as Helpful” if any post helps you and "Mark as Answer”if it solves the issue.

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 1:24 PM
  • Thanks Mike.

Seems like I picked wrong period to take the exam. Because I've prepared MVC 5 and expect questions about new features on MVC 5 like Identity or SignalR.

But that won't be a problem, at least the updated exam issue encourage me to learn deeper about MVC 5.

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 2:05 AM