none
Add-ins tab not showing??? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I'm hoping someone can help!

I'm running oem version of Home Server, Power Pack 2 is installed.  It is working great for what I wanted.  Now I want to install an add-in.  Downloaded said add-in (and another to see if it was the add-ins fault).  Started up the WHS Console both remotely and from the console.  Go to Settings and... there is no 'Add-in' in the list so I cannot view Installed or Available add-ins.  What am I missing?

I do see -  General, Backup, Passwords, Windows Media Center, Media Sharing, Remote Access.  Also appear to be missing Resources from some of the reading I've been doing...

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.
    Thursday, April 30, 2009 2:45 AM

Answers

• Hello all,

I'm running oem version of Home Server, Power Pack 2 is installed.  It is working great for what I wanted.  Now I want to install an add-in.  Downloaded said add-in (and another to see if it was the add-ins fault).  Started up the WHS Console both remotely and from the console.  Go to Settings and... there is no 'Add-in' in the list so I cannot view Installed or Available add-ins.  What am I missing?

I do see -  General, Backup, Passwords, Windows Media Center, Media Sharing, Remote Access.  Also appear to be missing Resources from some of the reading I've been doing...

Thanks.
    You should do a Server Reinstallation (or, if you have little/no data on your server, a New Installation).
    Friday, May 1, 2009 3:22 AM

All replies

• Hello all,

Thanks.
    You should do a Server Reinstallation (or, if you have little/no data on your server, a New Installation).
    Friday, May 1, 2009 3:22 AM
  • Thanks for the reply Kariya21....

I've got about 3TB online and am a little reluctant to do a reinstall - its almost all ripped movies but ripping them takes for ever if they get lost.

I was able to 'cheat' and install the add-on by running the msi file from the server and it installed okay and can uninstall from add-remove programs so I think I will leave it at that for now....

maybe I'll try doing a fresh install into a vm and see if it shows up then.

thanks.
    Friday, May 1, 2009 3:35 AM
  • Thanks for the reply Kariya21....

I've got about 3TB online and am a little reluctant to do a reinstall - its almost all ripped movies but ripping them takes for ever if they get lost.

I was able to 'cheat' and install the add-on by running the msi file from the server and it installed okay and can uninstall from add-remove programs so I think I will leave it at that for now....

maybe I'll try doing a fresh install into a vm and see if it shows up then.

thanks.

A Server Reinstallation is not as bad as it sounds.  All it does is wipe the OS partition, leaving your data in tact (so you don't have to copy your data out, then back in again).
    Sunday, May 3, 2009 4:19 PM