Cloning Hdd to sdd caused Genuine Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I recently purchased an ssd to bring my laptop up to speed, unfortunately after spending sometime to successfully clone the drive using clonezilla, I was faced with a blue background and a "Windows 7 Build 7600 This copy of Windows is not genuine" message.

The taskbar does not show up so there is no start button obviously. All I could do was Ctrl+Alt+Suppr which is not of much use.

The windows 7 installation was done by upgrading from XP directly if that could be what triggered the issue.

Since then I wiped the ssd and tried other cloning utility but without much success. By reading the forum I can see that it does not seem to be caused by the cloning software in itself.

Is there any solutions to that "Windows 7 Build 7600 This copy of Windows is not genuine" ?

Thanks

Friday, January 14, 2011 12:26 PM

Answers

• "Nicolas Navier" wrote in message news:2771d3d7-a14f-4867-9af9-5d40a9b38b32...

Hi All,

I recently purchased an ssd to bring my laptop up to speed, unfortunately after spending sometime to successfully clone the drive using clonezilla, I was faced with a blue background and a "Windows 7 Build 7600 This copy of Windows is not genuine" message.

The taskbar does not show up so there is no start button obviously. All I could do was Ctrl+Alt+Suppr which is not of much use.

The windows 7 installation was done by upgrading from XP directly if that could be what triggered the issue.

Since then I wiped the ssd and tried other cloning utility but without much success. By reading the forum I can see that it does not seem to be caused by the cloning software in itself.

Is there any solutions to that "Windows 7 Build 7600 This copy of Windows is not genuine" ?

Thanks

Did you clone BOTH partitions that Win7 creates by default? (how many partitions are there on the original disk?)

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Monday, January 17, 2011 10:53 PM
    Friday, January 14, 2011 2:57 PM

All replies

• "Nicolas Navier" wrote in message news:2771d3d7-a14f-4867-9af9-5d40a9b38b32...

Hi All,

Thanks

Did you clone BOTH partitions that Win7 creates by default? (how many partitions are there on the original disk?)

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Monday, January 17, 2011 10:53 PM
    Friday, January 14, 2011 2:57 PM
  • No reply from the original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Monday, January 17, 2011 10:53 PM