I have a valid key but i HAVE recived an error RRS feed

• Question

• well this is the problem i buy aN original copy of windows xp home edition, but i format my computer yesterday, then when i want to active windows it say that thE key has surpassed the number of uses, please i need you to help me i have 30 days for the activation

what can i do

there is not a service that verify that my key is valid.

i buy mi windows

thanks

Monday, February 26, 2007 5:15 PM

Answers

• Hello Stevenmn,

The issue you are having is a Product Activation issue, not a WGA Validation issue.

It sounds like you are trying to activate your XP over the internet and are getting the error that it has been activated too many time. I suggest using the Activate by Phone method to get an Overide Activation.'

How to activate Windows XP by phone:
    To contact a Microsoft customer service representative to activate Windows by phone, follow these steps:

1. Click "Start", point to "All Programs", point to :Accessories", point to "System Tools", and then click "Activate Windows".
      Or, click the Windows Activation icon in the notification area.
    2. Click Yes, I want to telephone a customer service representative to active Windows now.  
    3. Follow the steps in the Activate Windows by phone dialog box, and then click Next.
    4. When activation is completed and you receive the following message, click OK.
      "You have successfully activated your copy of Windows."

Thank you,
    Darin Smith

Monday, February 26, 2007 7:14 PM

All replies

• please help me i bought an original copy of win xp home edition.
    Monday, February 26, 2007 6:16 PM
  • Hello Stevenmn,

The issue you are having is a Product Activation issue, not a WGA Validation issue.

It sounds like you are trying to activate your XP over the internet and are getting the error that it has been activated too many time. I suggest using the Activate by Phone method to get an Overide Activation.'

How to activate Windows XP by phone:
    To contact a Microsoft customer service representative to activate Windows by phone, follow these steps:

1. Click "Start", point to "All Programs", point to :Accessories", point to "System Tools", and then click "Activate Windows".
      Or, click the Windows Activation icon in the notification area.
    2. Click Yes, I want to telephone a customer service representative to active Windows now.  
    3. Follow the steps in the Activate Windows by phone dialog box, and then click Next.
    4. When activation is completed and you receive the following message, click OK.
      "You have successfully activated your copy of Windows."

Thank you,
    Darin Smith

Monday, February 26, 2007 7:14 PM