Incorrect version of Windows reported during installation RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using Windows 10.

I would like to get an dev version of MS Dynamics CRM 2016 working on my laptop.

MSDN says that a single machine installation is possible:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj551751(v=nav.90).aspx

The system reqs show that MS Dynamics CRM Server 2016 should work with Windows 10:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd301054(v=nav.90).aspx#NavServerReqs

However!

When I run the installation I get an error message saying: "The computer is running an operating system that Microsoft Dynamics CRM does not support".

If I do a "ver" command on my laptop it (correctly) says my Windows version is 10.0.10586.

BUT, the install error log says "Current OS Version: 6.2.9200" which is clearly wrong.

Hence why the install fails.

Why is the installation reporting an incorrect version of Windows and how do I overcome this so that I can install this dev version of MS Dynamics CRM Server 2016?

Thoughts greatly appreciated...

Monday, April 4, 2016 9:52 PM

Answers

• Hi,

CRM 2016 requires a Windows Server operating system. If you would like to get it running on your laptop setting up a Windows Server VM may be a good option. Alternately you could sign up for a 30 day trial of CRM online if that would suit your needs.

William

• Marked as answer by Broadsword Wednesday, April 6, 2016 9:13 AM
    Tuesday, April 5, 2016 3:12 AM
  • The MSDN articles you have linked to are for Dynamics NAV, which is a different product to Dynamics CRM. The correct software requirements are documented here.

Neil - My CRM Blog

Tuesday, April 5, 2016 6:47 PM

All replies

• Hi,

CRM 2016 requires a Windows Server operating system. If you would like to get it running on your laptop setting up a Windows Server VM may be a good option. Alternately you could sign up for a 30 day trial of CRM online if that would suit your needs.

William

Tuesday, April 5, 2016 3:12 AM
  • The MSDN articles you have linked to are for Dynamics NAV, which is a different product to Dynamics CRM. The correct software requirements are documented here.

Neil - My CRM Blog

Tuesday, April 5, 2016 6:47 PM