none
MCP Certification RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have recently passed my Window 10 - Installing and Configuring 70-698 exam and have received my MCP Certification.

Is someone able to clarify that obtaining an MCP classes as a Microsoft Certified Qualification? or is this only when you would obtain an MCSA?

Are Microsoft Exams even classed as qualifications? or are they simply certifications at different levels?

I am having this questioned raised as my current Person Specification at work states I am to have a Microsoft Certified Qualification, which currently is my MCP, they are saying different.

I am unsure to whether the exams are actually known as qualifications in the first place.

Can someone please clarify?

Many Thanks,

Thursday, May 11, 2017 3:34 PM

All replies

• Hello Toadka,

I've never heard of certifications being classed as qualifications before.  There are just different levels to which you can obtain showing your knowledge to a subject area. Your Person Specification would be based on what your work wants or needs you to have.  If they're saying that your MCP doesn't qualify you I'd guess they'd want a higher level certification. Or maybe the one you have isn't related to your position so they want you to get something else.  At any rate I'd recommend asking them what certification would qualify for that as they may have a specific certification that they want you to have. 

Monday, May 15, 2017 3:06 PM