Multiple subscriptions RRS feed

• Question

•  

I purchased and renewed Onecare for three pc's previously. Since I have purchased another license for a fourth puter. Installed second license of Onecare using the same ID as the previous three on the fourth puter and it is working fine, however, when I go to view the licenses in Live.com, it only shows the latest license. Dang it!

What I want is to have the three on the LAN to have the same license, currently two do and are in the circle, the remote puter is in the circle but I want it on it's own. Would I be able to uninstall the latest Onecare in the circle and the remote, then reinstall the third on the LAN to finish the circle, then reintall the remote to it's own?

Will I have to call Onecare support and get the ID's fixed so the licensing is fixed correctly?

Sunday, May 4, 2008 2:54 PM

Answers

• If you already had an active subscription, when you activated the 4th PC with the same LiveID, it should not have asked you for your product key. If it did, then you used a different LiveID and it is already in its own Circle. At this time you cannot have more than one subscription to the service associated with a single LiveID.

So, assuming the former is true, you activated with the same LiveID on PC#4, remove one PC from the Circle from a Hub PC or uninstall OneCare from the PC you want to be on the second subscription. On that PC, subscribe using a different LiveID and provide the retail product key during activation.

-steve

Monday, May 5, 2008 5:19 PM

All replies

• I think you will have to contact support to separate the subscriptions into two accounts. How to reach support - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Sunday, May 4, 2008 4:26 PM
  • If you already had an active subscription, when you activated the 4th PC with the same LiveID, it should not have asked you for your product key. If it did, then you used a different LiveID and it is already in its own Circle. At this time you cannot have more than one subscription to the service associated with a single LiveID.

So, assuming the former is true, you activated with the same LiveID on PC#4, remove one PC from the Circle from a Hub PC or uninstall OneCare from the PC you want to be on the second subscription. On that PC, subscribe using a different LiveID and provide the retail product key during activation.

-steve

Monday, May 5, 2008 5:19 PM