venues gone RRS feed

• Question

• When I open up Conference XP in my office, I no longer see the list of venues that I used to see. Has something changed?
    I was planning on using one of these for a course next week, so there is some urgency to figuring this out.
    Thanks
    • Moved by Jundan Wu Thursday, April 28, 2011 8:37 PM request (From:Venue Service)
    Monday, August 27, 2007 5:41 PM

All replies

• I suspect you are using the default venue service: http://venues.conferencexp.net/venueservice.  I am getting no response from that server today either.  Until they get that problem resolved, here are two workarounds:

1. If there's a venue on another service that makes sense for you to use, you can go to Settings Menu->Services and enter/choose the other service, and you should be good to go.

2. If you have the multicast address of your preferred venue, or any other multicast address you can use, you  can start the conferenceXP client from a command prompt like this:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Research\ConferenceXP\CXPClient\cxpclient.exe" -ip 233.31.135.60 -port 5004

This will both start the client and join a venue in one step.  (Note: you'll want to change 233.31.135.60 to a different address -- this is the one we use for our test signals)  If you need a multicast address, your network administrator should be able to assign one.

Fred Videon

Monday, August 27, 2007 6:48 PM
  • Fred,
     Thanks, this is a start for me. You are right on the default venue service. Do you know who maintains that service, so that I could email to see the prognosis? I will explore your other suggestions also.
    Thanks,
    John
    Monday, August 27, 2007 7:57 PM
  • It's back up today.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007 3:58 PM