OneCare RRS feed

• Question

• I am not very tech savvy, so bear with me!  I just down loaded OneCare yesterday on a 90 day trial and am having the following issues:

(1) The icon starts out "good" (green) when the laptop is first started, then in an hour or so goes to "fair" (orange).  When I query why, it says that I need to update by down loading new files, taking about 25 minutes.  In an hour or so the same thing happens again, taking again some 20-30 minutes, and appears to down load the same files again.  What's going on here?  How often does One Care update, and how long should updating take (I am on broadband)?

(2) The second issue is that my laptop is wireless through a router and wireless print server, and every time I start up the laptop the windows re-loads the printer info taking several minutes, something I didn;t have to do before OneCare was loaded.  Have I got the firewall set wrong or something?

Forrest A

Friday, January 11, 2008 7:37 PM

Answers

• You should not be experiencing either of those issues. If you just installed OneCare, it should not need updating more than a small signature update. I assume that you mean that you are reinstalling your printer driver or printer software each time on number 2?

In any event, in light of the first problem, please contact support - see the section on how to open a support case as a trial user - 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Friday, January 11, 2008 7:44 PM