Where is my update? RRS feed

• Question

• I have still not received the automatic update to WLOC 2.0. Have I missed it or should I be patient?

Thanks

Friday, November 23, 2007 5:38 PM

Answers

• Be patient for now. It was expected to be staged over a 2 week period to all 1.6 users. Due to the Holiday, I suspect that they slowed down the staging for the long weekend.

-steve

Saturday, November 24, 2007 1:48 AM

All replies

• Be patient for now. It was expected to be staged over a 2 week period to all 1.6 users. Due to the Holiday, I suspect that they slowed down the staging for the long weekend.

-steve

Saturday, November 24, 2007 1:48 AM
  • I will recomend remove your 1.6 and install manually the v2.0, the automatic update is not working like shoud be in all computers, in fact the 1.6 version is trying and trying to get the update but for some reason some computer, rouder, firewall or computer configurration are not allowing this updated to be completed. In addition the version 1.6 is breaking down, getting problem on the reboot, have to be strat manually, firewall not stat, etc.

This is what I did and is working 100%

- Donwload the oncecare removal tool and run it to remover and clean your version 1.6 and reboot the computer

-Go to onecare web side and reintall your onecare software, but this time you are installing v2.0

-Follow the instructions, from there on everything will be fine.

Do not wait for your automatiic update.

Thanks

JorgeIT

Sunday, November 25, 2007 2:04 AM
  • you can get the removal tool use this link:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=81699

to donwload version 2.0

http://iorigin.onecare.live.com/cli/2.0.2500.10/SetupOneCare.exe

JorgeIT

Sunday, November 25, 2007 2:12 AM
  • Many thanks for your help.

Sunday, November 25, 2007 11:51 AM
  •  JorgeIT wrote:

I will recomend remove your 1.6 and install manually the v2.0, the automatic update is not working like shoud be in all computers, in fact the 1.6 version is trying and trying to get the update but for some reason some computer, rouder, firewall or computer configurration are not allowing this updated to be completed. In addition the version 1.6 is breaking down, getting problem on the reboot, have to be strat manually, firewall not stat, etc.

This is what I did and is working 100%

- Donwload the oncecare removal tool and run it to remover and clean your version 1.6 and reboot the computer

-Go to onecare web side and reintall your onecare software, but this time you are installing v2.0

-Follow the instructions, from there on everything will be fine.

Do not wait for your automatiic update.

Thanks

JorgeIT

I strongly disagree with you, Jorge. You should only reinstall if you absolutely *must* be at the latest version and have not updated yet or if a problem was encountered with the update.

-steve

Monday, November 26, 2007 6:29 PM
  • Well Steve, after reading all the blogs about the problems updating 1.6 to 2.0 I realice and I hope you too the upgrade was having problem and the best solution on that time was remove 1.6 and intall 2.0 manually like I post.

I can see how in some blog you are recomending a smae solution that I post and you disagree. So far after I did this update on my computer and others at least 20 more the v2.0 is working without any problem.

Thanks

JorgeIT

Saturday, December 22, 2007 6:06 PM
  • Sure, I'm bent that I haven't been updated yet but not so much that I want to do an uninstall, reinstall and then reconfigure. I can wait a little while longer.  YMMV.

Sunday, December 23, 2007 12:15 AM
  • Steve;  I did exactly like JorgeIT indicated;

• Run removal tool from the link
    • Install ver 2 from the link
    • Installed perfectly on my circle PC's and laptop....very pleased.
    •  Thank you Microsoft

Steve; Microsoft need to thank you again and again for what you have tried to achieve here and if they had any sense would employ you.

Monday, December 31, 2007 10:14 AM
  • Glad it is working out for you and thanks for the kind comments. :-)

-steve

Wednesday, January 2, 2008 2:43 AM
  • I'm running Vista HP and was automatically upgraded to v2.0.2500.14 this morning.  It was quick and painless.  All settings were maintained.  I had to confirm that I wanted backup disabled (it's a travel machine - no unique data).  Everything is running normally.

Good job to all who worked on fixing the initial problems.

Saturday, January 5, 2008 10:05 PM
  • Thanks for the report of the successful update.

-steve

Tuesday, January 8, 2008 12:39 AM