none
DirectX Sample browser shows blank screen on the right RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I installed DirecX SDK (June2010) on my system in C:\Program Files. When I tried to open the samplebrowser.exe file a screen was displayed with few controls in the left and a black rectangle on the right as given below. Screen Displayed on my system

I knew something went wrong so I tried reinstalling the SDK but the same black rectangle was shown.

Next I installed the same SDK setup on my friend's system and when I opened the samplebrowser.exe the window with samples was displayed. Is there anyway that I could find out what went wrong on my system? and how to rectify it?

Thanks in advance!

• Moved by Rob Pan Thursday, February 23, 2012 9:31 AM (From:Visual C++ General)
    Friday, February 17, 2012 2:48 AM

Answers

• I solved this issue.
    The problem lied just below the registry "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\" where there was a pseudo-graphic number.  This graphic number was found just above 0. I deleted this entry and DirectX sample browser worked just fine.

I think this problem is only with 32bit-Win 7 because this symbol was not found on my 64-bit Win7.

Warm Regards, Isaac Bhasme

Wednesday, March 7, 2012 2:13 AM

All replies

• I suggest referring to the Diagnosing DirectX Problems: 

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Diagnosing-basic-problems-with-DirectX 

This is most likely a graphics card/driver issue.

Reed Copsey, Jr. - http://reedcopsey.com
    If a post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on that post and "Mark as Helpful".

Friday, February 17, 2012 3:13 AM
  • Hi, I ran DirectX Diagnostic tool and it displays "No problems found". DirectDraw, Direct3D and AGP Texture Accelerations are all enabled. I tried reinstalling my graphic driver but the problem persists.

I have NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS with the latest stable driver installed.

Friday, February 17, 2012 12:56 PM
  • Hi,

According to your description, I suggest you can send your issue to the website below: http://create.msdn.com/en-US/.

Best Regards,
    Rob

Rob Pan [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Thursday, February 23, 2012 9:30 AM
  • Hi, I have this problem too, my VideoCard NVIVIA GeForce 210.

I haven't problems with another programs. I used diagnostic tool - no problems.

Monday, March 5, 2012 9:36 PM
  • I solved this issue.
    The problem lied just below the registry "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\" where there was a pseudo-graphic number.  This graphic number was found just above 0. I deleted this entry and DirectX sample browser worked just fine.

I think this problem is only with 32bit-Win 7 because this symbol was not found on my 64-bit Win7.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012 2:13 AM