MSOOBE Download (Did not come with XP Pro Install) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

Firstly, thank you in advance for your timely response. I recently reinstalled Windows XP Pro on a system using a customized ISO image in order to bypass some of the work of updaing the system. Unfortunately, I must change the PK and re-activate before I can return this laptop in order to legitimize it. Unfortunately, the ISO image used apparently has completely removed the OOBE directory from Windows/System32...and all of the links for OOBE download I find from a google search are from questionable, unverified sources. Is there anyplace I can go to download the OOBE software?

Once again, many thanks

-Pat

Friday, February 17, 2012 1:43 AM

Answers

• "InnovativeG" wrote in message news:27a80d82-9366-4c93-b653-bb26a8deea13...

Hello all,

Firstly, thank you in advance for your timely response. I recently reinstalled Windows XP Pro on a system using a customized ISO image in order to bypass some of the work of updaing the system. Unfortunately, I must change the PK and re-activate before I can return this laptop in order to legitimize it. Unfortunately, the ISO image used apparently has completely removed the OOBE directory from Windows/System32...and all of the links for OOBE download I find from a google search are from questionable, unverified sources. Is there anyplace I can go to download the OOBE software?

Once again, many thanks

-Pat

There is no download for the OOBE ‘software’ – it’s an integral part of the OS.
    Someone has wasted a lot of effort, and broken the OS – and results are likely to be unpredictable.
    I would suggest a reinstall with more conventional media is appropriate.

Having said that,
    To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.
      - **in your own thread**, please

Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine, but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!
    http://www.microsoft.com/howtotell/content.aspx?pg=coa

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, February 21, 2012 9:35 PM
    Friday, February 17, 2012 8:49 AM

All replies

• "InnovativeG" wrote in message news:27a80d82-9366-4c93-b653-bb26a8deea13...

Hello all,

Once again, many thanks

-Pat

There is no download for the OOBE ‘software’ – it’s an integral part of the OS.
    Someone has wasted a lot of effort, and broken the OS – and results are likely to be unpredictable.
    I would suggest a reinstall with more conventional media is appropriate.

Having said that,
    To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine, but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!
    http://www.microsoft.com/howtotell/content.aspx?pg=coa

• Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, February 21, 2012 9:35 PM
    Friday, February 17, 2012 8:49 AM
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS

Tuesday, February 21, 2012 9:34 PM
  • Hi, Im also having a problem with windows xp pro. I installed all the updates it needed. turned on the automatic update, and then i went to microsoft update to see if i needed anymore updates and it takes me to the validation page, and it starts up the page, then it just goes blank. i dont know what else to do. I downloaded Sp3 from Official Microsoft website. and i just dont understand why its saying that my windows is not genuine. I downloaded the file from the link that is posted, the MGED Diagostic tool and it gave me the information and said that i have some clock sync error, i want to know were to paste the information. and i also have a problem with my DVD driver. I have an Hp Compaq nx9010. computer runs just like my new Hp Slimline desktop. about the same processor.well my drive wont read anything and its fustraiting i need help. Please and thank you
    Wednesday, February 22, 2012 4:41 PM
  • "Mr.Lopez" wrote in message news:94db34a5-ce83-42c2-b725-75c80caed98a...
    Hi, Im also having a problem with windows xp pro. I installed all the updates it needed. turned on the automatic update, and then i went to microsoft update to see if i needed anymore updates and it takes me to the validation page, and it starts up the page, then it just goes blank. i dont know what else to do. I downloaded Sp3 from Official Microsoft website. and i just dont understand why its saying that my windows is not genuine. I downloaded the file from the link that is posted, the MGED Diagostic tool and it gave me the information and said that i have some clock sync error, i want to know were to paste the information. and i also have a problem with my DVD driver. I have an Hp Compaq nx9010. computer runs just like my new Hp Slimline desktop. about the same processor.well my drive wont read anything and its fustraiting i need help. Please and thank you

Please start your OWN NEW thread – this avoids confusion and ensures that you get best advice.

A Clock Sync error means that you computers clock is out of whack – either because you have set the Region wrong, or the time and date wrong (or both).

Post a full copy of your MGADiag report to your new thread....

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 5:39 PM
  • To be honest im not sure i want to save anything on my computer that i dont think is safe. I just need to be sure this wont mess up my system and that your not a hacker or something. Plus i dont know where you want me to save that information

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 11:32 PM
  • There's no data in the fle that I'm asking you to post that could possibly be of use to a hacker:)

If you want to know more about me, follow the links in my signature, and next to my avatar - I suspect that MS (and Darin) would have thrown me off the forums long before now if I was a hacker :)

If you look at almost all the threads in this forum - they contain exctly the same information as you'd be posting.

Simply start a new thread of your own by pressing the Ask a Question button at the top right of the page, and follow the instructions I gave you.

As I said earlier  - you computer's clock is set wrong - you need first to check that you have the Region set correctly, then the Date (including the year), and then the time. The restart the machine, and run the MGADiag report and paste the result into your NEW thread.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 11:48 PM