Problem re-installing One-care RRS feed

• Question

• Hi my name is Joel, I bought a One-Care license at a circuit city along with a computer about 5 months ago (apparently they installed the software there), then about 3 months later I had a problem with my computer and I had to format the hard drive, now that I'm trying to re-install it I'm having problems cause it clearly says that the license is already in use, I tried going to the store but they couldn't help me there. Please help me, I've had great time with this software and I would really like to get it working once more.

thanks for your attention.

Joel
    Tuesday, January 29, 2008 10:32 PM

Answers

• Hello Joel, you need the Live ID and password originally used used to activate your subscription to activate the reinstall. If you can't recall this information or can't get it from Circuit City, contact support and include your 25 digit product key and they should be able to retrieve the Live ID and password for you.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 10:45 PM

All replies

• Hello Joel, you need the Live ID and password originally used used to activate your subscription to activate the reinstall. If you can't recall this information or can't get it from Circuit City, contact support and include your 25 digit product key and they should be able to retrieve the Live ID and password for you.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008 10:45 PM
  •  

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

Also check your paperwork from when you purchased the PC at Circuit City. Their techs are supposed to provide the LiveID and password to you on a printed form that they give you are delivery.

-steve

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 1:42 AM