remote desktop XP no access to server RRS feed

• Question

• I have had the whs for 3 days now and whilst some aspects installed nice and simply worked immediately I have hit a number of problems including the 'remote desktop' issue on an XP desktop and an XP laptop

The solution suggested by microsoft and others is detailed in 'A' below but the level of effort involved just to obtain two small 2k files seems unbelievable So anyone know where I could just download the files. I have looked and so far cannot fimd them. Installing would be pretty easy.

A) SOLUTION

1. Copy the following two files from your slipstreamed xp sp3 installation media to a temp folder on your HDD (say c:\tsc):

tscdsbl.ba_
    tscuinst.vb_

If you use a downloaded xp sp3 installation file look on the web how to extract the two files. I'm not sure here but I think it involves extracting the whole installation file to your HDD (usually by running the installation file in a comman prompt with the modifier -x) and then grabbing the two files.

2. Then in a command prompt standing in C:\tsc write the following:

expand tscdsbl.ba_ tscdsbl.bat [RETURN]
    expand tscuinst.vb_ tscuinst.vbs [RETURN]

3. After that run the two files by writing:

tscdsbl.bat [RETURN]
    tscuinst.vbs [RETURN]

4. Now start IE and try to remote access to your home server. You get the usual error message.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 3:30 PM

Answers

• Can you tell us what issue you're actually experiencing?
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 4:12 PM