none
Installed but can't log in RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    I installed WHS and everything went fine, it asked me to create a username and password so I did, then it said it had updated to perform, it
    rebooted and brought me to a login screen but this time the username was already there and it was Administrator with an empty box below
    asking for a password.  I thought simply removing Administrator from the username and using the username and password I provided would take
    care of this.  Well after installing the software several times I always end up at the same spot...Anybody have any ideas? I would sure appreciate it.

Thanks
    Steve<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!-- Session data--></input> <input id="jsProxy" onclick="jsCall();" type="hidden" />
    Wednesday, January 6, 2010 7:58 PM

Answers

• Hi Steve,
    logging in to the server locally is not supported, all interaction should be done through the Windows Home Server console. This can be installed on clients from http://yourservername:55000.
    The user names are only for controlling access to shared folders and Remote access.
    If you need to login locally or via Remote Desktop (i.e. for installing drivers on a self built system) you will have to use the account Administrator together with the console password.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Wednesday, January 6, 2010 11:00 PM