Adding files to the shared folders RRS feed

• Question

•  

I'm trying to copy my pictures folder from my laptop to the shared folders library on the WHS.  When I ckick on copy to and get the drop down list showing whqt folders I can send it to my shared folders isn't listed.  There a shortcut for the folder on on my desktop but it doesn't appear.
    Tuesday, June 24, 2008 2:19 PM

Answers

• dmak10,

You can map a shared folder from the server to your Client. To do so, in my computer, select TOOLS, MAP NETWORK DRIVE. Then select the letter you want to assign from the drop-down list, then click BROWSE. This opens a network navigator and you can select your server and the share you want. Finally, before clicking OK select the "connect at login" box to make the drive come back next session.

Colin

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 4:40 PM

All replies

• What software are you using to perform the copy? I would normally just drag and drop the files, using Windows Explorer.
    Tuesday, June 24, 2008 3:35 PM
  • I could d that, I guess my real issue is I want to access the shared folders as if they were on my local pc.  Such as when I download oictures from my camera I want to download them to the server instead of my laptop.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 4:22 PM
  • dmak10,

You can map a shared folder from the server to your Client. To do so, in my computer, select TOOLS, MAP NETWORK DRIVE. Then select the letter you want to assign from the drop-down list, then click BROWSE. This opens a network navigator and you can select your server and the share you want. Finally, before clicking OK select the "connect at login" box to make the drive come back next session.

Colin

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 4:40 PM