lync issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys... I wasn't sure where to post this so I'm posting this here ... feel free to move the post in the good forum.

So here's the issue. I've been asked to look for a solution on a Lync behavior that isn't welcome...  Here's the issue...

When the chat window is being unused for a time, the following message appears: "We saved this conversation in the Conversations tab in Lync and in the Conversation History folder in Outlook."

It is nice to know that Lync does it's job but we don't need it to be remembered every time the chat goes idle. I do understand the confirmation purpose but this irritates the users. As per example, users would prefer that the behavior looks more like Word autosave which is more transparent.

So is there anyway to change this behavior ? change the idle timeout or hide the message ?

Thanks !

Monday, April 1, 2013 3:57 PM

Answers

• Thanks for your answer Luigi,

The version of Lync is 2013 and some client computers are maybe still using the 2010 version, i'm not sure.

It would be nice to know both solution version if they exists; the server one and the client one so we can decide to propagate the solution to everyone or to only few clients depending on the solution itself.

So I leave the move of this tread to the appropriate forum to your discretion; just move it where you think it should be.. i'll live with it ;)

Since I cannot move a thread to two different Forums at the same time, I suggest you to ask this question in the Lync Clients and Devices Forum at http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/ocsclients/threads to have the most appropriate response for Lync 2010; for Lync 2013, I cannot see such a specific Forum for your question.
    I apologize for proposing your previous question as answer: I've mistakenly clicked the wrong link.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno

• Marked as answer by J-F L Monday, April 1, 2013 4:55 PM
    Monday, April 1, 2013 4:41 PM

All replies

• Hello J-F L.

Which Lync version are you using?
    I suggest you to ask this question in the Lync Forums at http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/category/ocs or in the Lync Server Forums at http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/category/lync; I can move it there for you, if you want.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Monday, April 1, 2013 4:07 PM
    Monday, April 1, 2013 4:07 PM

The version of Lync is 2013 and some client computers are maybe still using the 2010 version, i'm not sure.

It would be nice to know both solution version if they exists; the server one and the client one so we can decide to propagate the solution to everyone or to only few clients depending on the solution itself.

So I leave the move of this tread to the appropriate forum to your discretion; just move it where you think it should be.. i'll live with it ;)

Monday, April 1, 2013 4:18 PM

Since I cannot move a thread to two different Forums at the same time, I suggest you to ask this question in the Lync Clients and Devices Forum at http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/ocsclients/threads to have the most appropriate response for Lync 2010; for Lync 2013, I cannot see such a specific Forum for your question.
    I apologize for proposing your previous question as answer: I've mistakenly clicked the wrong link.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno

• Marked as answer by J-F L Monday, April 1, 2013 4:55 PM
    Monday, April 1, 2013 4:41 PM
  • ok thanks Luigi. I'll do that.
    Monday, April 1, 2013 4:55 PM