Windows Movie Maker problem

• i am having a problem getting HD video into Windows Live Movie Maker, and i'm not entirely sure what the reason is, or the solution for it. i imported an HD video file from my desktop, and WMM absolutely butchered the quality of it. not only was it no longer HD, but it wasn't even standard definition. it was closer to 240p. and this wasn't even when i finished and exported the video, this was while it was still in WMM. the video was about 23 minutes long and 2.35 GB in size. the file format is AVCHD Video .M2TS. the format shouldn't be a problem, though, because yesterday i imported a video into WMM with that exact same file type, and it worked perfectly. no quality was lost. it was only a 2 minute video, though, so i'm wondering if WMM has some sort of size or time limit regarding quality for videos.

any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 8:10 PM

All replies

• This forum is for a blog software called Windows Live Writer. For help in Windows Live Movie Maker, visit

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Thursday, July 21, 2011 9:58 PM