Exchange Server 2000 to Exchange Server 2010 Migration RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello Everyone,

Can anyone help me out in knowing the Migration process in detail of Exchange 2000 server to Exchange 2010.

Please do let me know how to proceed with and what are the things i shuld be knowning before and after migration.

Thank You.

sarvesh
    • Moved by Kenneth Lee Wednesday, April 20, 2011 5:24 AM forum cleanup (From:MSDN, TechNet, and Expression Profile and Recognition System Discussions)
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 5:01 PM

All replies

• The jump from 2003 to 2010 is not as difficult as a 2000-2010 but one thing you may need to think about right away is, do I need to upgrade my AD? In some cases you do, in some cases you don't, what hardware would i need? And what hardware can I keep? What are my new options regarding replication and storage? will I still need a SAN? I work for a company that offers consultancy on this subject and would be happy to start helping you ascertain whether you can do this in-house or use external help , Feel free to send me an e-mail if you wish to learn more, because if someone posted detailed info on how to do this it would be a very large document, you could make your own designs using MS website tools, but this may be over resilient and cost a lot more than you expected. - matt.fowler@azaleos.com 

Monday, October 25, 2010 10:06 AM