none
How to costmise the max/min for the color bar in the Palette? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I has been using this Sand dance for a week, and it is amazing. Love it very much.

I know it is saving time that sand dance use the max and min value in the data to assign colors in Palette, and it is a good thing to do in most cases.

However, when I am now trying to compare values in different time from different file, I want all the charts have a same color pattern. Like red color in one chart means 100 should also mean 100 in the other chart, even the max value in the data is 60.

Please help me if you know how to customize the max/min for the color bar in the Palette? Or any way to work around it?

Thanks

Peng  

Sunday, May 22, 2016 11:04 PM

Answers

• This makes complete sense, but we don’t support it at the current time. Would it be possible for you to add this as an item on the UserVoice forum? We’ve had lots of requests for various different ways that people would like to customize the color palette mapping and this seems like it could be a good part of a redesign of that.

The only way to ‘work around’ that I can think is not great, but you could put in some artificial elements in the data to set the mins and maxes. You could subsequently filter them out of any view, but it would leave the color ranges in place unless you press the ‘map with filter’ button (which renormalizes the range to the objects that are currently unfiltered). Again, not a great solution, but it might be possible…

Monday, May 23, 2016 8:38 PM
    Owner