Emailing a CRM appointment RRS feed

• Question

• I want to be able to create an appointment from within CRM and send it to the contacts that need to be in the meeting.  When I create a meeting it get's sync'd to my outlook 10 client however none of the people I invited see the requset.

Is this possible? I can't see a way to do this right from the appointment form. 

Dynamics 4 with update 14

Scott Clancy
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 10:23 PM

Answers

• Yeah, basically it's not supported since we need the appointments to go to non CRM folks so the guidance is to use Outlook instead and then use set regarding.
    Scott Clancy
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 7:46 PM

All replies

• Hi Scott

Have you enabled CRM to send emails from your Outlook? This might be the issue.

Please Open Oultook and goto CRM options and in the Emial Tab, Enable CRM to send email via Outlook.

Thanks and Regards

AniMandal

http://xrmadventures.wordpress.com/

Thursday, March 24, 2011 3:49 PM
  • Yes I have the addin loaded and it sends email when I create an email from within CRM however nothing is sent when I create an appointment from within CRM. 

What I would like to do is create the appointment from within CRM then have it email the people invited.  I can't depend on Outlook to sync the contacts I need for my meetings since I don't own the majroity of them.

Thanks

Scott Clancy
    Thursday, March 24, 2011 5:38 PM
  • This is late did you solve this.

You know if you send appoints to internal people they will not receive it until they synchronize with CRM and if cant be done for outside people.

Patrick Kitchell MS Business Professional CRM Manager
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 7:44 PM
  • Yeah, basically it's not supported since we need the appointments to go to non CRM folks so the guidance is to use Outlook instead and then use set regarding.
    Scott Clancy
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 7:46 PM
  • The good thing with creating the appointments in CRM is that you create them for other users. That is one benefit. Thanks for sharing nice to hear answers to problems to strengthen my knowledge on the small issues as not to spend time on them when asked in the future.
    Patrick Kitchell MS Business Professional CRM Manager
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 7:57 PM