No DVD burner RRS feed

• Question

• I've just downloaded the complete package, but realized the install is just shy of 1.7Gb.  Is there a multi-CD install version or am I SOL?

Thursday, March 8, 2007 2:10 AM

Answers

• There is no multi-cd version available, for download or otherwise.

You could arrange to borrow a friend's DVD burner, or you could purchase one (you can get them for as little as $30). You won't need to leave the burner in the WHS after the install; you can move it to one of the other PCs on your home network afterward.
    Thursday, March 8, 2007 3:16 AM

All replies

• There is no multi-cd version available, for download or otherwise.

You could arrange to borrow a friend's DVD burner, or you could purchase one (you can get them for as little as $30). You won't need to leave the burner in the WHS after the install; you can move it to one of the other PCs on your home network afterward.
    Thursday, March 8, 2007 3:16 AM
  • Get a nice NEC DVD burner for $30. They've always worked out great for me. I thought one of the requirements was to be able to burn DVDs in order to participate in the WHS program.
    Thursday, March 8, 2007 6:58 AM
  • You can purchase an install DVD and the Connector/Restore CD's for little more than the cost of the P&P, delivered in a couple of days.

Friday, March 9, 2007 1:17 AM
  • Keep in mind, you don't need to install the dvd burner into your WHS. You only need it to burn the install dvd. In fact, once WHS is installed, it does not need any optical drive. If you already have access to a dvd burner elsewhere, use that. You will then only need to install a DVD reader to install the OS. It too can then be removed (and put back from where you 'borrowed' it.)
    Friday, March 9, 2007 2:56 AM