View new advisories RRS feed

• Question

•  

It's telling me to view something which I've fixed already in Windows update, how come?
    Friday, October 24, 2008 5:16 AM

Answers

• Here's the answer from Microsoft:

"With the recent update of "Microsoft Security Bulletin MS08-067 - Vulnerability in Server Service Could Allow Remote Code Execution (958644)", there is now an advisory window from Windows Live OneCare. Even when the update has been successfully installed, the advisory may persist. This is to ensure that all OneCare users have a chance to see this message, even if there are multiple different Windows Users on the computer we want to make sure everyone sees the message."

They have developed a case of selective notification.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 9:18 PM

All replies

•  incognite wrote:

It's telling me to view something which I've fixed already in Windows update, how come?

I asked the same question in a service request I made to Microsoft support.  I have not yet gotten an answer.  I'll let you know if I get reply that answers the question.

Monday, October 27, 2008 7:14 PM
  • Here's the answer from Microsoft:

"With the recent update of "Microsoft Security Bulletin MS08-067 - Vulnerability in Server Service Could Allow Remote Code Execution (958644)", there is now an advisory window from Windows Live OneCare. Even when the update has been successfully installed, the advisory may persist. This is to ensure that all OneCare users have a chance to see this message, even if there are multiple different Windows Users on the computer we want to make sure everyone sees the message."

They have developed a case of selective notification.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 9:18 PM