unable to rank in MSN. RRS feed

• Question

• How or why is our site www.silverstall.com unable to rank for any of its keywords e.g. silver jewellery in MSN despite it being ranked reasonably well in Google and yahoo.

We do not engage in any black hat techniques nor do we have any known crawling or indexing issues. The webmaster account says none of our URls are blocked. The site is regulalry updated and has no broken links, hidden text or broken code etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Friday, November 7, 2008 3:55 PM

Answers

•  

Hi,

I think you are running into spelling confusion. Running a query on Live Search and Google for "silver jewellery", your site did not show up in the top 30 for either site due to auto correcting (on both sites) to jewelry. HOWEVER, when I selected to show results for just "silver jewellery", your site showed up #8 in LS.  

Brett

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 5:26 PM

All replies

•  

Hi,

I think you are running into spelling confusion. Running a query on Live Search and Google for "silver jewellery", your site did not show up in the top 30 for either site due to auto correcting (on both sites) to jewelry. HOWEVER, when I selected to show results for just "silver jewellery", your site showed up #8 in LS.  

Brett

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 5:26 PM
  • Hi,

Academics at both Oxford and cambridge have been arguing over the correct spelling of jewellery -v- jewelry -v- jewelery for 200 years so i geuss the answer is to ensure we choose one spelling and stick to as  we have different editors who have spelt it differently.

We appreciate you looking into this issue and are extremly grateful for your kind help.

Jackie

www.silverstall.com

Thursday, November 20, 2008 4:24 PM