locked
Error sending e-mails (subscriptions) for new CRM 2013 reports after update RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    When we try to schedule an e-mail message (subscriptions) for newly created reports in the SQL Reporting Service (SRSS), it gives us the following error:

    processing!WindowsService_0!133c!02/10/2015-22:28:10:: e ERROR: Failed to load expression host assembly. Details: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Crm.Reporting.RdlHelper, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
    System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Crm.Reporting.RdlHelper, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

    We've tried checking the DLL versions of the above RdlHelper, but no version 5 could be found (even in the SQL Reporting Services cache). The report itself runs normally and it only gives us an error when sending it via mail. Could it be that an update of Microsoft maybe bugged the SRSS ? We've recently installed CRM 2013 SP1 CU2.

    Hopefully someone can help me with this, because we really need those reports sent via e-mail.

    Thanks in advanced!

    With kind regards,

    M. Hekman


    • Edited by M. Hekman Wednesday, February 11, 2015 8:10 AM
    Wednesday, February 11, 2015 8:10 AM

Answers

  • Hi,

    When we try to schedule an e-mail message (subscriptions) for newly created reports in the SQL Reporting Service (SRSS), it gives us the following error:

    processing!WindowsService_0!133c!02/10/2015-22:28:10:: e ERROR: Failed to load expression host assembly. Details: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Crm.Reporting.RdlHelper, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
    System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Crm.Reporting.RdlHelper, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

    We've tried checking the DLL versions of the above RdlHelper, but no version 5 could be found (even in the SQL Reporting Services cache). The report itself runs normally and it only gives us an error when sending it via mail. Could it be that an update of Microsoft maybe bugged the SRSS ? We've recently installed CRM 2013 SP1 CU2.

    Hopefully someone can help me with this, because we really need those reports sent via e-mail.

    Thanks in advanced!

    With kind regards,

    M. Hekman


    We've found a workaround fix for this. After opening the .RDL file with Microsoft Report Builder, we've changed the assembly reference used from 5.0.0.0 to 6.0.0.0 (by editting the entry text value directly).

    Then we've published the document and from then on mailing started to work again.

    It's still strange that this suddenly happened, maybe a wrong reference in the CU2 update (hope they'll fix it if it is a bug).

    • Marked as answer by M. Hekman Thursday, February 12, 2015 1:19 PM
    Thursday, February 12, 2015 1:19 PM

All replies

  • Hi,

    When we try to schedule an e-mail message (subscriptions) for newly created reports in the SQL Reporting Service (SRSS), it gives us the following error:

    processing!WindowsService_0!133c!02/10/2015-22:28:10:: e ERROR: Failed to load expression host assembly. Details: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Crm.Reporting.RdlHelper, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
    System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Crm.Reporting.RdlHelper, Version=5.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

    We've tried checking the DLL versions of the above RdlHelper, but no version 5 could be found (even in the SQL Reporting Services cache). The report itself runs normally and it only gives us an error when sending it via mail. Could it be that an update of Microsoft maybe bugged the SRSS ? We've recently installed CRM 2013 SP1 CU2.

    Hopefully someone can help me with this, because we really need those reports sent via e-mail.

    Thanks in advanced!

    With kind regards,

    M. Hekman


    We've found a workaround fix for this. After opening the .RDL file with Microsoft Report Builder, we've changed the assembly reference used from 5.0.0.0 to 6.0.0.0 (by editting the entry text value directly).

    Then we've published the document and from then on mailing started to work again.

    It's still strange that this suddenly happened, maybe a wrong reference in the CU2 update (hope they'll fix it if it is a bug).

    • Marked as answer by M. Hekman Thursday, February 12, 2015 1:19 PM
    Thursday, February 12, 2015 1:19 PM
  • I am having the same issue. Even after changing the version # manually, it still throws that error (including the reference to 5.0.0.0!!!)

    Extremely maddening.

    Thursday, October 29, 2015 4:02 PM