none
Issue running Automation scripts in Edge Browser RRS feed

• Question

• I am unable to execute the test cases in Edge browser.
    Below configurations i am using.

Windows Specifications:
    Edition : Windows 10 Pro
    Version : 1809
    Installed On : 04 - 10 -2019
    OS build : 17763.805

Browser Version
    Microsoft Edge : 44.17763.771.0
    Microsoft EdgeHTML : 18.17763

I am able to download the WebDriver version 10.0.17763.1 by running the below command.
    DISM.exe /Online /Add-Capability /CapabilityName:Microsoft.WebDriver~~~~0.0.1.0

I am able to run the above command successfully. but still facing the below issue.

issue:"The specified arguments passed to the command are invalid".

Find the below my code:
                            System.Environment.SetEnvironmentVariable("webdriver.edge.driver", @"C:\\Windows\\SysWOW64\\MicrosoftWebDriver.exe");
                            edgeOptions = new EdgeOptions();
                            edgeOptions.PageLoadStrategy = PageLoadStrategy.Eager;
                            edgeOptions.AddAdditionalCapability(CapabilityType.IsJavaScriptEnabled, true);
                            edgeOptions.AddAdditionalCapability(CapabilityType.UnexpectedAlertBehavior, true);
                            edgeOptions.AddAdditionalCapability(CapabilityType.UnhandledPromptBehavior, true);
                            driverPath = "C:\\Windows\\SysWOW64";
                            driver = new EdgeDriver(driverPath, edgeOptions);
    • Moved by CoolDadTx Wednesday, October 16, 2019 5:22 PM Third party product
    Tuesday, October 15, 2019 11:39 AM

All replies

• Hi Shivaprasad AR,

Thank you for posting here.

Since this thread is related to Web Driver, it is a third-party product, we don't provide support for that.

The Visual C# forum discusses and asks questions about the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools.

Best Regards,
    Timon

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 8:33 AM
  • Hi Timon,

Thank you for your reply.

We do not have any issues with WebDriver but we are unable to find the  Webdriver that compatible with latest Edge browser version 18.17763.

Even i have checked in Microsoft Edge Development website but they have only till version 17.17134.

Please check the URL that i have referred. https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/tools/webdriver/

Thanks and Regards,

Shivaprasad A R

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 7:19 AM
  • I'd try asking for help over here.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/microsoft-edge+internet-explorer

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 2:13 PM