Add extra uPnP entries. RRS feed

• Question

• This may be a bit unorthodox, but I figured this crowd more than any would understand.

Windows Home Server uses uPnP to forward the service ports (80, 443 and 4125)  I was wanting to know if it's possible to add other ports to that list.

I have followed a guide by Tom Ziegmann on setting up SharePoint Services 3.0 and made it accessible on a different port (8085) but had to set the port redirection manually in the router.  Should I want to change the port, or add another Web Application, I'll need to adjust it in the future.

I think it might be possible, but I can't find any information to add ports to WHS's list.

Any help is grateful, thanks to everyone for the help provided so far.
    Sunday, December 23, 2007 8:37 AM

Answers

• You will have to tinker and do it manually - you can't add additional ports for Windows Home Server to forward through the console interface.

Thursday, January 24, 2008 3:42 PM

All replies

• You will have to tinker and do it manually - you can't add additional ports for Windows Home Server to forward through the console interface.

Thursday, January 24, 2008 3:42 PM
  • I was about to start a thread about WSS 3.0 & setting up the ports.  Smadge1, can you provide a link to that guide?

much appreciated.

Edit - Found it. Thanks.

Friday, January 25, 2008 10:42 AM