none
Accessing voicexmlInterpreterActivity.ApplicationData from voicexml markup RRS feed

• Question

• I was wondering if anyone has used the voiceXMLInterpreterActivity ApplicationData property in their voicexml applications? 

The documentation implies that this is a "...dictionary that contains data to be passed to the markup application." I have understood this to mean that you can add data to the dictionary in a workflow and then access this from voicexml markup run via the voiceXMLInterpreterActivity. However I can't see it documented anywhere how you would then access the data from the markup.

Does anyone know if this is the way it was intended to be used, and if so can give me an example of how you would access a value from voicexml markup that was added to the ApplicationData of the interpreter activity?

I've tried various things such as using the <var> element to access a named item I had added to the workflow code.

For example:

... in the workflow:

voicexmlInterpreter1.ApplicationData.Add( "test", "value" );

... in the voicexml

<var name="a" expr="test"> 

<var name="b" expr="application.test"> 

... and several other combinations, but none of these appear to be what was intended.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Monday, November 17, 2008 10:38 AM

All replies