Challenge w/ adding appointments in CRM RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to setup an "Appointment" for an account or contact in CRM I get the following message "The logged-on user does not have the appropriate security permissions to view these records or perform the specific action." We all so experience a similar issue when we try to "Set Regarding" an appointment in Outlook.

I have been unable to determine what settings I need to change to correct this. Any ideas?

Thank you

Friday, September 3, 2010 9:59 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The message says you don't have permission to create an appointment. When you click "Set Regarding" in Outlook client, CRM actually tries to create an appointment.

You may check which roles you have in the CRM system - go to "Settings" / "Administration" / "Users", open your record and check the security roles (menu on the left). Also ask your administrator why yourrole does not give you permissions to create appointments (activities).

For your reference, these are the permissions one must have to create accounts - yourcurrent role may not have any of them:

• prvAppendActivity
  • prvAppendToAccount
  • prvAppendToActivity
  • prvAppendToContact
  • prvAppendToContract
  • prvAppendToIncident
  • prvAppendToInvoice
  • prvAppendToLead
  • prvAppendToOpportunity
  • prvAppendToOrder
  • prvAppendToQuote
  • prvAppendToService
  • prvCreateActivity
  • prvReadActivity
  • prvShareActivity

I hope that helps,

Kuba

-- Kuba Skałbania, Netwise
Friday, September 3, 2010 10:49 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The message says you don't have permission to create an appointment. When you click "Set Regarding" in Outlook client, CRM actually tries to create an appointment.

You may check which roles you have in the CRM system - go to "Settings" / "Administration" / "Users", open your record and check the security roles (menu on the left). Also ask your administrator why yourrole does not give you permissions to create appointments (activities).

For your reference, these are the permissions one must have to create accounts - yourcurrent role may not have any of them:

• prvAppendActivity
  • prvAppendToAccount
  • prvAppendToActivity
  • prvAppendToContact
  • prvAppendToContract
  • prvAppendToIncident
  • prvAppendToInvoice
  • prvAppendToLead
  • prvAppendToOpportunity
  • prvAppendToOrder
  • prvAppendToQuote
  • prvAppendToService
  • prvCreateActivity
  • prvReadActivity
  • prvShareActivity

I hope that helps,

Kuba

-- Kuba Skałbania, Netwise
Friday, September 3, 2010 10:49 PM
  • This should put you on the right path (refer to "track an activity in CRM"):

http://www.orbitone.com/en/blog/archive/2009/10/06/minimum-dynamics-crm-permissions.aspx

Leon Tribe

Want to hear me talk about all things CRM? Check out my blog

http://leontribe.blogspot.com/

or hear me tweet @leontribe

Want to hear me talk about all things CRM? Check out my blog http://leontribe.blogspot.com/ or hear me tweet @leontribe
    • Proposed as answer by Leon TribeMVP Sunday, September 5, 2010 3:15 PM
    Sunday, September 5, 2010 3:15 PM