none
Clicking Reply Bounces Straight to User Profile with No Explanation RRS feed

• General discussion

• There are actually 2 problems.

1. I clicked Reply on a thread, and was taken to the login screen where I successfully logged in, but then was not taken back to the same thread (and most certainly not taken there and popped into the correct Reply textbox). This is user-unfriendly.

2. Once I was logged in, I clicked Reply again, and was taken to my user profile with no explanation. Figuring it was some cookie/form post sequence problem, I eventually copied the URL to the clipboard, closed the browser tab, opened a new one, renavigated to the URL, and clicked Reply again. Same thing: straight to the user profile with no explanation. After 4 or 5 tries, I finally mostly gave up but out of desperation clicked on the link "Complete your profile by adding more information about yourself here" and *finally* saw something about legal stuff changing since the last time. So then when I hit submit and again manually went back to the desired thread, I was able to reply. This is VERY user-unfriendly. If I had not persisted and persisted, I would never have been able to reply and would have just chalked the problem up to a pathetic and unfixed posting bug.
    • Changed type ErikEckhardt Friday, November 13, 2009 7:24 PM Missed seeing category when I first posted
    Friday, November 13, 2009 7:23 PM

All replies

• I've seen issues like this were the root cause are cookies. Try deleting your browser cookies and verify scenarios 1 and 2.

Forums Test Lead
    Monday, November 16, 2009 8:43 PM