none
Query Scanner (Imaging Device) Details RRS feed

• General discussion

• I'm looking for a scripting way to query desktop USB scanners for their total scan and roller counts. I know that the information is there and that Windows can see it, but how can I see it with PowerShell?

The information I'm looking for can be found by going to:

1. Control Panel
    2. Devices and Printers
    3. Right click scanner device (Cannon DR-C225 in my case)
    4. Scan Properties (Not "Properties" a the bottom. Requires admin.)
    5. Maintenance Tab

I would include photo's but my account hasn't been verified yet :S

• Changed type Bill_Stewart Monday, March 12, 2018 9:12 PM
    • Moved by Bill_Stewart Monday, March 12, 2018 9:13 PM This is not "research stuff for me" forum
    Thursday, February 1, 2018 7:33 PM

All replies

• You have to query the driver info for this or use the imaging API to retrieve the imaging device info.

You can look into WMI as it may have support for your device and be able to return the info.

Post to vendor site for help with Canon device.

\_(ツ)_/

Thursday, February 1, 2018 7:42 PM
  • @jrv

I tried digging through all the information in the driver properties from Device Manager and didn't find anything. Not sure if that's a complete list of information. Do you have any way to point me in the right direction for how use the API or query the driver? I'm not sure how to do either.

I have exhausted everything I can find using WMI and it does not seem to report the information there... or (more likely) I'm not sure where to find it.

While my scanner is a Canon, we do have a mix of brands. I would like to know how I can run this query across all the brands.

Thursday, February 1, 2018 9:35 PM
  • Sorry but your question is outside the scope of this forum as it is going to be vendor-specific and hardware-specific.

-- Bill Stewart [Bill_Stewart]

Thursday, February 1, 2018 9:49 PM