none
Customize windows authentication for Web Application RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am using Windows Integrated Authentication with impersonation for all my web applications (on IIS 7 and 7.5), and everything is perfect.

Now I would like to enhance the authentication procedures bypassing the login prompt from IIS, and supplying a custom page to collect the Username + Password inputs from Users, but still mantaining the Windows Authentication support (I rely on the WindowsPrincipal in my application for many core activities).

I just would like to replace the IIS popup with my custom authentication page.

First of all I have tried to mix the WIA with Forms Authentication, but - even if I succeed in authenticating users against the Active Directory - the result is not what I was looking for, because I want to mantain Windows Authentication and not migrating the mechanism to Forms Authentication (even if implemented with the AD provider).

The first step I am trying is to use the "LogonUser" function to create the correct WindowsPrincipal and then the "Impersonate" method, but after this step I have no idea about how to persist the authentication data and\or to pass the User information to the Windows Authentication. As a result, when I execute the first redirection to another page the information about the user manually logged are lost.

Any idea?

Thank You very much in advance.

Alberto

• Moved by Martin_XieModerator Sunday, September 19, 2010 7:37 AM Redirect to ASP.Net forums for better support. (From:Visual Basic General)
    Wednesday, September 8, 2010 10:59 AM

All replies