Email can't be sent from CRM 4.0 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to send an email from CRM 4.0, i'm getting the following error: "This message has not yet been submitted for delivery." What's the problem?

Any idea?

Wednesday, May 7, 2008 6:25 AM

Answers

• I fell into this trap. In CRM 4, the Email Router DOES need to be installed to send mail, even if you are sending via smtp. It didn't in CRM 3, but it does in CRM 4.

Monday, May 12, 2008 2:59 PM

All replies

• CRM web client sends emails via SMTP.  Make sure that the SMTP service is running on the server.
    Monday, May 12, 2008 12:18 AM
  • I guess i should install the email router because the user doesn't have outlook client installed on his laptop, am i right?

Monday, May 12, 2008 6:06 AM
  • the exchange router doesn't have anything to do with sent email. It just processes incoming email.  By sending the email from the CRM client, the email is already in CRM.

CRM sends email via SMTP.  You probably will want to open a support ticket and they can help you troubleshoot the SMTP connection.

Monday, May 12, 2008 11:01 AM
  • see the SMTP settings of registry in CRM

Regards,

Imran

Monday, May 12, 2008 11:13 AM
  • I fell into this trap. In CRM 4, the Email Router DOES need to be installed to send mail, even if you are sending via smtp. It didn't in CRM 3, but it does in CRM 4.

Monday, May 12, 2008 2:59 PM
  •  

Thanks Paul.  I want's aware of that--good information.
    Monday, May 12, 2008 3:03 PM